Thursday, September 18, 2008

Liv's idea

Well I was actually thinking yesterday that 5 tickets would be too little, because like you said usually bands have about 4 people, and that would mean only a ticket a person (and one with two). I'm sure they could easily sell two each (and two would just have to sell three). So I'm all for that.

As for the problem... Why don't we go around and talk to the people we know have a band and ask them if they'd be willing to participate? This way we'd be able to get a possible approx. number of entrants. And if we don't get ten bands we can always lower the prize money a bit. Which also means, that the more enter the higher the prize money. Which also means that more would have a better incentive of joining. (Of course like you said we can only have but so many bands.)

And should we do like a "pre auditioning"? So that we don't get any bands that are really... horrible in the show? That way we could also get out the "bands" who just want to fool around on the show. Sadly, I'm sure there are people that would sign up just to mess around...

10 bands really would be perfect. At five minutes each, that would be 50min of performing plus lets say 20 min altogether of playing moderator (so that the bands can get set up) plus another 10min for the three extras, plus another 10-15 minutes for the beginning and end which leaves us with a 1 1/2 hour show. On top of that I think we should add a 15-20min intermission, because that gives us an extra chance to sell t-shirts and the school (and other clubs) could do their thing like selling drinks and cookies or whatever as well.

And what are we going to do about the at the door pricing? Usually tickets bought on the night are more expensive. So do we make the price like $8? Or leave it the same?

About the judging... I think the crowd should definitely decide... Wouldn't it be cool if we could get one of those decible readers? XD I've always thought those are the coolest ways of judging... (How realistic that idea is, is another question, but physics teachers and such sometimes have one of those)

No comments: