Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hohoho

Well I didn't mean, like kidding around. Kidding around is usually pretty good for the bands. lol
I meant more to make sure they don't try to mess things up or whatever. But then again when we have rehearsal we'll see if they're serious or not, ne?
We definitely should have more than just one rehearsal though. Maybe two, to make sure we can get all the quirks out and get the lighting, sounds, and times right. I think with more rehearsals the bands could get used to setting up in the auditorium better. That would cut set up time during the show and everyone in charge/participating can get a better idea on whats going on or what needs to be changed, etc.

I don't think bands would be allowed to cuss, seeing how we are doing this as a school thing and on top of that in the school... :/ Sucky but otherwise I highly doubt we'd get approval from up above.

As for the solo artists... They should be allowed... Let's just see how many bands we get and then we can see what to do about the solo artists. Like whether or not they should be included in the competition (it is called Battle of the Bands afterall) or if they should just perform for the heck of it.
Which reminds me... What do we do about what they're allowed to sing? Are they allowed to cover or will we get into copyright issues there?

*shrugs* I honestly don't know about the pitch... If it is, then I'm sure we could find something that reads loudness and not just pitch. The online idea is good... but I don't know about any of those kinds of sites...

I think I'll get a binder as well... And take copies of what's in the "official" binder. Just in case.
haha it is kinda weird thinking of us as liking organization, huh? But then again... when I was in the School council in Germany I was in charge of Organizing things and staying organized... Haha so I guess I can, when I have to XD;;

As for selling the tickets and stuff, when the time comes we'll have to get people (other than just Symph) to sell tickets. And we would have to talk to our teachers about getting to class late those days, so when switch people for different lunches, we can hand over the money case thingy.
Oh, and I just realized, that we shouldn't allow the bands to sell more than the ten they need to participate. That would get kinda dangerous with the money thing.
And we need to get special kind of tickets that can't just be copied or whatever.

Yeah, and I'm all for us doing the introducing. But I think we should let the others do something or another on stage as well if they want. I dunno maybe a small "gig" themselves. Or during the set-ups (if we know of a band that takes a bit long) have them do... something
And at the end of the show we should definitely all get up on stage to present ourselves as the ones who organized and helped out with everything.
And maybe thank the ones who did something extraordinary, you know?


... God I type too much too....

P.S. When I was in the Orga team in Germany we had a "Talents Challenge" so a talent show and I made a bunch of poster ideas. Some of em will work for this as well. I'll add the pics >>
(the last one sucks, because I did it in like a min to present my idea the others I actually took my time on >>;; You get the idea ><; )



This last one also reminded me: Should we give everyone a thingy saying they participated? I dunno like a paper thingy (like our SOL things) and maybe even (very) small prize (I dunno like a cheap bear or whatever)

1 comment:

Crix said...

I so totally didn't post this before Liv's "In Response" XD;; I wonder why it's showing up this way :/